I'm using the last Sunday of a month to recap the month, to see what I accomplished, what I didn't accomplish, to create my next months task list etc..
As part of this, I'm also looking for repetitive tasks, which are worth to be automated to stop wasting my time with them ( no matter if via some self made bots/scripts or some services like Zapier, Integromat & co.
Here's probably the most important lesson which I learned in the last year:
Don't just try to automate it! Before you open your IDE or the SaaS you prefer for automations, ask yourself, if it's worth to automate the task (I'll come back to this question with a proper analysis in another blog)
And if yes, how long is it going to set up the automation, what's the ration of time/money saved vs time/money which I'm going to spend to set it up? What are they daily/monthly costs to keep the automation running?
So, what I really want to say with this is: Don't just try to automate everything ( I did the mistake few years ago and have wasted way too much time and burned money with it)
Somebody asked this week at our community about IPS <-> Zapier examples so here are few of my examples:
1. Auto Promote all my news delayed (12 hours after the article was published on the community) to Twitter
2. New Member Notification in team slack channel and welcome topic creation
3. Report all issues and suggestions to GitHub and ClickUp
4. Sync Zoom Meetings/webinars with your IPS Calendar
5. Send any new purchases to slack